Published a list of the most popular content in the App Store and iTunes in 2016
A few days ago we published a list of the most popular apps, games, music, movies, TV series and books, which were distributed in the Google Play in 2016.
Now we offer to your attention a similar list of content that was most popular in the App Store and iTunes in the past year.
The most popular games were Prisma for iPhone, Sketchbook Motion for iPad, Twitter for Apple TV, Bear for Mac and MySwimPro — Personal Swim Trainer for the Apple Watch. If we talk about the games, the leaders were Clash Royale for iPhone, iPad Severed, Riptide GP: Renegade for Apple TV, Life is Strange Mac and a Field Day for the Apple Watch.
The best «Movie», according to Apple, in the various categories were:
- Blockbuster: Deadpool
- Comedy: Sausage Party
- Romantic story: La La Land
- Animated film: Kubo & the Two Strings
- Documentary: Weiner
- A film with best finish: Sing Street
- The star of the year: American Honey
- Best new production company: Moonlight
If we talk about best selling movies, then so was Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Deadpool, Zootopia, The Martian, Captain America: Civil War, Spotlight, The Hateful Eight, Room, Brooklyn, and Eye in the Sky.
Chosen by Apple in the category «TV Series»:
- Obsession of the year: American Crime Story: People V. O. J. Simpson
- Rookie of the year: Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Vol. 3
- Comedy: Atlanta, Season 1
- Children: Steven Universe
- Ekstravaganza: RuPaul»s Drag Race All-Stars, Season 2
- Stability: The Americans, Season 4
- New drama: This Is Us, Season 1
The best-selling series was Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Downton Abbey, The Americans, and Big Bang Theory.
If we talk about the most financially successful books, we’re talking about The Girl on The Train, Harry Potter and the half-Child, Me Before You, After You, When Breath Becomes Air, Killing the Rising Sun, The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo, Alexander Hamilton and Hillbilly Elegy.