Presents lens Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art molded glass aspherical element with a diameter of 80 mm
As expected, the company announced a full-frame Sigma lens Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art. This model, according to the manufacturer, became the world’s first such wide-angle lens with maximum aperture of F/1,8. The novelty has the industry’s largest molded aspherical glass element is the same as in the model Sigma 12-24mm F4 DG HSM Art. Its diameter is 80 mm. Optical scheme also includes the three elements of glass FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) and four elements of SLD glass (Special Low Dispersion), which allowed to minimize chromatic aberration.
Technical data lens Sigma 14mm F1.8 DG HSM Art:
- Focal length — 14 mm;
- Angle field of view — only 114.2°;
- Maximum aperture — F/1,8;
- Minimum aperture — F/16;
- Optical scheme — 16 elements in 11 groups;
- Minimum focusing distance and 0.27 m;
- Maximum magnification — 1:9,8;
- Number of diaphragm blades — 9 (rounded);
- Focus — automatically using the built-in ultrasonic drive and manual;
- Dimensions — diameter 95 mm, length 126 mm;
- Weight 1170 g
The lens will be available in versions for cameras from Canon, Nikon and Sigma. Using adapter Sigma MC-11 can be installed on cameras with Sony E. mount Version for Nikon cameras is equipped with an electromagnetic diaphragm. The lens is compatible with a docking station, Sigma USB Dock to update firmware and adjust focus.
Information about price and start of sales has not yet been published.