Microsoft has specified a list of requirements to a PC for normal operation VR headsets
Microsoft has again touched upon the topic of VR headsets for the PC running Windows 10, and again we are talking about the system requirements for such computers. The fact that in late November, Microsoft have already given a list of conditions under which will be ensured the normal operation of the virtual reality helmets on computers with Windows 10. But now the company these requirements are concretized.
Updated minimum PC requirements are as follows:
- Intel Core i5 dual core or equivalent with support for Hyper-threading technology Hyperthreading;
- Built-in GPU Intel HD Graphics 620 (GT2) or a more powerful GPU with support for API DirectX 12;
- At least 8 GB of RAM;
- The presence of HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 2.0 or DisplayPort 1.3 (or above);
- 100 GB of free space on the hard disk or SSD;
- The presence of port USB 3.0 Type-A or USB 3.1 Type-C, as well as support for Bluetooth 4.0 for connecting accessories.
These recommendations are compiled by Microsoft and Intel in the framework of the joint initiative, which received the name of Project Evo. The project involves working on hardware and software solutions that will bring a new level of user interaction with augmented reality devices and games.
Microsoft also noted that waiting for the approval of the HoloLens helmet from the Chinese authorities. It is expected that the device will be available for developers and commercial users of China in the first half of next year. Also next year, their own versions of VR headsets for the PC will present Acer, Asus, Dell, HP and Lenovo. However, about it we already wrote.
Sources: The Verge, Microsoft