Huawei could become part owner of Leica

According to Reuters, the investment company Blackstone is negotiating the sale of its 45% stake in Leica Camera. The remaining 55% of the company belong to the family of Kaufman, which has attracted Blackstone as an investor in 2011.

One of the possible buyers named the company Carl Zeiss. However, she puts forward a condition of purchase the possession of a controlling stake, that is, intends to buy part of the shares not owned by Blackstone. Confidence that Kaufmann would agree to sell part of their shares, no.

Another possible buyer — company of Huawei, licensed the technology to Leica for use in some of their smartphones. However, according to one of the informants, the involvement of Huawei in the deal unlikely.

Last year Leica shares owned by Blackstone, tried to buy the Chinese investment company CDH, but to no avail.

The Leica is estimated at 700 million euros. It is expected that this year her work will have a 70 million euros profit. The Leica brand is one of the oldest in the photographic industry. The company was founded in Germany in 1849 and produced its first 35mm camera in 1924.
Tags:
Leica

Comment

(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)
No tags for this post.