Began taking pre-orders for the Laowa lens 7.5 mm f/2 MFT
Company Venus Optics has begun accepting pre-orders for the Laowa lens 7.5 mm f/2 MFT, designed for cameras Micro Four Thirds system. Earlier, the Chinese manufacturer promised that Laowa 7.5 mm f/2 MFT will appear in the beginning of this year, so we can assume that his promise he almost kept. As for the price, there is a coincidence with plans more accurate. In March it became known that Venus Optics expects to sell Laowa 7.5 mm f/2 MFT not more than $500. The real price was $499. For $519 you can purchase the light version, is for cameras mounted on drones, where every gram counts. To reduce the weight managed the replacement of the materials from which made some of the details. Delivery of this version will begin in July.
According to the manufacturer, Laowa 7.5 mm f/2 MFT — rectilinearly or ortostaticeski wide angle lens (this lens is corrected for distortion so that straight lines are straight) Micro Four Thirds system, which is on the market.
Main technical data of Laowa lens 7.5 mm f/2 MFT:
- Focal length 7.5 mm (15 mm EGF);
- The field angle of 110°;
- Maximum aperture of F/2,0;
- Minimum aperture F/22;
- Construction — 13 elements in 9 groups;
- Number of diaphragm blades — 7;
- Minimum focusing distance — 0.12 m;
- Maximum magnification is 0.11 x;
- Dimensions — diameter 55 a, length 50 mm;
- Weight — 170 g (standard version) 150 g (light);
Source: Venus Optics
Micro Four Thirds