Acer now owns two-thirds of startup StarVR

In 2015, the company Starbreeze, which previously dealt exclusively with the development of computer and video games, has unveiled a prototype virtual reality headset called StarVR.


In June 2016, together with Acer, the developers established a joint venture StarVR, which is used for marketing promotion and sales of the eponymous virtual reality headset. Currently, the two companies have invested in a startup of 10 million dollars.



Under the terms of the new agreement, Acer increased its share in the joint venture to 66.7% and invested in StarVR additional $ 5 million. The remaining 33.3% is owned by Starbreeze.

Starbreeze has retained the intellectual property rights and trademarks InfinitEye, StarVR and ePawn.


Tags:
Acer
VR

Comment

(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)
No tags for this post.